All Apps and Add-ons

Making a Dynamic (On-the-fly)REST API CALL from Splunk to an application

kirtar

I am trying to create an on-the-fly REST API call to an application from Splunk. So, the Scenario is like this -

I have some cyber attack related indicators in Splunk - one of the fields represents the file-hash. Now, I'd like to get further details about this malware hash like

• which files are associated with this
  • which domains it connects to
  • which malware family it belongs to
  • which threat actors uses it etc.

These details are in my threat-intel app which is accessible through REST API.

Now, the requirement is to take this (malware-hash) as "value" parameter and POST it through an API to the Application to extract the related information from the app. now, this value could be any thing - it could be malware hash, ip, url etc - everytime, I investigate the incident and if I need the context - I should be able to call the REST API of the APP from Splunk based on the "indicator" (hash, ip, url) to fetch the related info.

Is it possible? how?

Regards,

Kirtar

Tags (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...