All Apps and Add-ons

MS Windows AD Objects: Is it possible to safely blacklist the lookup files produced by the app on a Search Head in a distributed environment?

bdiego_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

We use a Splunk Cloud environment. The MS Windows AD Objects app has produced several large AD.* CSV lookup files - 1.9GB, 62MB, 49MB, and 12MB. Replication to the indexing tier of the knowledge bundle does not succeed primarily because of the 1.9GB file. Rather than attempt to increase max_memtable_bytes and/or reducing the update times, can one safely blacklist the AD.* CSV lookup files in distsearch.conf? Not clear if any or all are needed by the indexing tier.

Thanks for any insight.

0 Karma
1 Solution

shogan_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The lookup files do not need to be replicated to the indexing tier. I will update the app to ensure this is not attempted. For your cloud instance I would recommend to open a support ticket to Blacklist the AD*.csv Lookuos, since each application update requires vetting from our Cloud Support team.

Hopefully this answers your question.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

shogan_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The lookup files do not need to be replicated to the indexing tier. I will update the app to ensure this is not attempted. For your cloud instance I would recommend to open a support ticket to Blacklist the AD*.csv Lookuos, since each application update requires vetting from our Cloud Support team.

Hopefully this answers your question.

0 Karma

bdiego_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Thank you - appreciate the quick and concise answer. Preventing the replication from occurring from within the app would be a welcome update; in the meantime we have already started the blacklisting process. Thanks again!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...