All Apps and Add-ons

MLTK with autoML features?

melonman
Motivator

Hi,

Anyone here tried or have implemented AutoML features or meta learning features so Splunk can actually provide you a suggestion with few of ML algorithms and parameters based on your dataset?

I have been playing with MLTK, but still people is struggling with selecting algors and tuning hyper params.

Appreciate if anyone can shed a light in this ...

0 Karma
1 Solution

Sukisen1981
Champion

Hi,

Have you checked out the new field select option in the latest ML splunk release?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIHpKBMQmEQ
Now, this DOES NOT (and I do not think any tool, be it R/SAS/Python) can actually tell / make an educated guess on the algorithm you need to choose for making predictions. That is the pure stats part,however what the newly introduced field selector does do is make available for the user - which amongst the selected fields in a chosen algorithm is / are better suited and which all we can drop from consideration.
Maybe, if you give us an use case with some mock data we can help a bit more?

View solution in original post

0 Karma

Sukisen1981
Champion

Hi,

Have you checked out the new field select option in the latest ML splunk release?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIHpKBMQmEQ
Now, this DOES NOT (and I do not think any tool, be it R/SAS/Python) can actually tell / make an educated guess on the algorithm you need to choose for making predictions. That is the pure stats part,however what the newly introduced field selector does do is make available for the user - which amongst the selected fields in a chosen algorithm is / are better suited and which all we can drop from consideration.
Maybe, if you give us an use case with some mock data we can help a bit more?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...