All Apps and Add-ons

Lookup table suddenly showing no data rows

Tbundy
One of my new colleagues was working on a lookup in a splunk app and seems to have somehow made a lookup table unavailable. His task involved creating and uploading a lookup csv, creating a lookup definition and creating an automatic lookup. No one else has been modifying this Splunk App.

An existing lookup started no longer populating in a dashboard. I looked at the “datasets” and the lookup csv exists and shows a last modified date from way before this issue started, but no rows display when I click on it.

I’m at a loss for what could have caused this or how to fix this. It seems the data still exists, as the modified date hasn’t changed, but somehow has become inaccessible.

Labels (1)
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @Tbundy,

Are you suing Lookup editor or are you speaking of |inputlookup command?

Then, admins can display the lookup?

Anyway, check the grants of your lookup, lookup definition and automatic lookup.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...