All Apps and Add-ons

Looking for ICMP in Stream?

AzJimbo
Path Finder

Trying to see if I can get ICMP in Stream. Any suggestions? Don't want to go the pdml parser route if I can tease it out of already installed Stream app.

Tags (1)
1 Solution

mdickey_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

ICMP is not currently supported by stream; however, it is on our list of protocols to add for a future release.

View solution in original post

dcavuto_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

It's a good point, AzJimbo. I'm the new Product Manager for Stream, and I appreciate your feedback!

I'll take a look at the backlog and see if we can prioritize ICMP in an upcoming Stream release.

Thanks!
-David

AzJimbo
Path Finder

Awesome! Stream app 6.6.0 now has ICMP. Thank you.

0 Karma

mdickey_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

ICMP is not currently supported by stream; however, it is on our list of protocols to add for a future release.

AzJimbo
Path Finder

Thanks- I'm look to use it to enhance security analysis.

0 Karma

AzJimbo
Path Finder

Sooooo..... it's been a couple of years; but I still don't see ICMP in the Stream App? I'm currently running nfdump just so I can get the ICMP, but would much rather use just the Stream app. Looking to detect and alert on icmp tunneling, a method to stealthy exfil data out of a compromised network. (http://www.cs.uit.no/~daniels/PingTunnel/) .

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...