All Apps and Add-ons

Logs files to use splunk for exchange

mbtmbt76

Hi

One cliente need´s check your email traffic from EXCHANGE solutions. They want´s to know which logs files will can process with spluk for exchange, because explain me that the normally logs for exchange does not contain the ip address and user email information.

It´s possible obtain information of EXCHANGE with other forms?

0 Karma

sdaniels
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

It is not clear to me exactly what you are asking. The Splunk app for Microsoft Exchange collects the following:

Internet Information Server (IIS) logs for the Exchange servers whose designated roles require IIS
Blackberry Enterprise Server (BES) v5.03 logs
Windows Event logs
    Security Logs
    Exchange audit logs
    Application logs, such as Forefront Protection Services (FPS) security logs 

The Splunk App for Exchange collects the following data using scripted inputs:

Performance monitoring data.
Senderbase/reputation data. This feature needs internet access to function, as it looks up the reputation score for your email users.
Topology and Health information
Mailbox Server health and usage information 

Here is a link to online documentation for the app so you can get the details you need.

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/MSExchange/2.0/DeployMSX/Whatdataarecollected

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...