All Apps and Add-ons

License Quota wont save

joeblo

When i try to setup your app, i am trying to change the defaul license quota option. When i hit save, the message accross the top says it was saved but if i return to the app, it isn't. Can you point me in the direction as to how to change this setting manually? Thank you.

0 Karma
1 Solution

Genti
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

MarioM is right. The setup page makes a restAPI call to the enterprise license and grabs the correct value from it.Then it displays it for you to see and hit save.

Moreover, changing that value manually, and making it different then the correct value is would be counter productive and would give you false information on when you are reaching your limit etc..

Is there a reason / use case for you wanting to change that value?

Cheers,

.gz

View solution in original post

0 Karma

grijhwani
Motivator

The setup prompt simply provides a number from which the view template's range limits are calculated, and those calculations are made on the assumption of gigabyte magnitudes.

I have posted a kludge which allows the app to produce meaningful results in the free licence (500MB/day) range, as a review on the app page itself.

0 Karma

Genti
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

MarioM is right. The setup page makes a restAPI call to the enterprise license and grabs the correct value from it.Then it displays it for you to see and hit save.

Moreover, changing that value manually, and making it different then the correct value is would be counter productive and would give you false information on when you are reaching your limit etc..

Is there a reason / use case for you wanting to change that value?

Cheers,

.gz

0 Karma

joeblo

The reason i ask is because currently the real-time is saying im using .26% of my license, but according to the license manager within splunks management area, i am using closer to 29%. None of the numbers are matching up with what splunk is saying im using.

0 Karma

MarioM
Motivator

I believe this value cannot be modified as the apps get it from a rest api request to the license manager.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...