All Apps and Add-ons

Licence to use Splunk for Unix add-on?

qubick
Path Finder

I have splunk enterprise license but my instance keeps me from using add-on app for Unix.
I will appreciate for any help?

alt text

0 Karma

qubick
Path Finder

No, I am seeing my login name as "Administrator" at the first page of the web interface. The screen I shared does not, since it only shows the error msg. etc I guess.

0 Karma

araitz
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You should still be able to use the add-on just fine. You'll just need to configure the TA via conf files or from the command line using setup.sh.

0 Karma

araitz
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I mean setting up inputs, etc.

0 Karma

qubick
Path Finder

What do you mean "configure TA"? It is weird because until last week, i've been using this... Thanks in advance!

0 Karma

vqd361
Path Finder

It looks like you are using the free license for Splunk since I don't see your login name in the top of the Splunk window. Splunk's free license limits some features and it's possible that the app is trying to use those features and throwing the error when it can't access them.

I didn't see anything in the app's release notes about limitations when using the free license. You might want to email support@splunk.com and ask them if they know why their app isn't working on your server. It looks like a bug with the add-on to me.

qubick
Path Finder

Could you see the image link attached? https://www.dropbox.com/s/hgkpwvxzi4x5dt5/splunk.png
Once I click the app, it just shows this screen.

0 Karma

vqd361
Path Finder

In what way is it preventing you from using the app? What error message do you see?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...