All Apps and Add-ons

Lat/Lon are flipped.

atellez_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Most of my traffic originates out of NYC, using iplocation the lat and lons appeared to be flipped.

alt text

The following search fixed the issue:

| iplocation src_ip prefix=start_ | rename start_lat AS start_lonx, start_lon AS start_latx | rename start_latx AS start_lat, start_lonx AS start_lon  | iplocation dest_ip prefix=end_ | rename end_lat AS end_lonx, end_lon AS end_latx | rename end_latx AS end_lat, end_lonx AS end_lon | head 100 | table start_lat start_lon end_lat end_lon | eval animate="yes", pulse_at_start="yes"

alt text

I am going to guess that somehow the visualization is interpreting these opposite of how you intended them to appear on the map.

1 Solution

Rivium
Engager

I've just upload version 1.1 which fixes this issue, thanks for the report.

View solution in original post

tthuynh

![index=pan_logs OR pan_cef_logs | iplocation src_ip prefix=start_ | rename start_lat AS start_lonx, start_lon AS start_latx | rename start_latx AS start_lat, start_lonx AS start_lon | iplocation dest_ip prefix=end_ | rename end_lat AS end_lonx, end_lon AS end_latx | rename end_latx AS end_lat, end_lonx AS end_lon | head 10 | table end_lat end_lon start_lat start_lon | eval animate="yes", pulse_at_start="yes"

Suppose to show in the USA Georgia. Let me know if this helps?]1

0 Karma

tthuynh

Having the same problem. Using the latest as well and on version 1.1. Any other ideas?,Having the same issue and using version 1.1. Any suggestions?

0 Karma

Anam
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi tthuynh

This question was posted about a year ago and if the answer/comments weren't able to solve your question please post a new question to get maximum exposure and help.

Thanks!

0 Karma

ssuresh
Explorer

I have installed Mislie Map, And i am able to see all the data is tabulated. But receiving "Error rendering Missile Map visualization"

Splunk is running on latest version 6.6.2

0 Karma

luke_monahan
Path Finder

Hi: Please post an example line of your results. It will typically fail to render if one of the fields is incorrect or improperly formatted.

0 Karma

dpicollege

Hello i install Missile map form file the app and i can see in app section but it couldn't see any thing about it in virtualization section.

so please help me is there any change should i done in splunk configure files or Missile Map or may be in iplocation?

0 Karma

luke_monahan
Path Finder

What version of Splunk? I think it may look like this if you are on an older Splunk that does not support the latest custom visualisation framework.

Rivium
Engager

I've just upload version 1.1 which fixes this issue, thanks for the report.

Rivium
Engager

Hi, I'm the author of this viz. Sorry I missed this question, another user emailed and brought this to my attention.

I'll check this and update as soon as I'm able.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...