All Apps and Add-ons

Jvm processes per search

ashish_ray

Does hunk-mongoDB spawn a separate process per inline search. Also I would want to know if I have a
Dashboard with multiple panels, does the "App for mongoDB" leverage the single jvm processes for a dashboard?

Tags (1)
0 Karma

rdagan_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The JVM behavior is in your control.
When Hunk calls MongoDB it requires the MongoDB provider. The provider starts a Java Process to connect and brings the results back to Splunk. The connection to MongoDB is control by the below configuration - you can modify this behavior.
vix.command = java
vix.command.arg.1 = -Xmx512m
vix.command.arg.2 = -classpath
vix.command.arg.3 = $SPLUNK_HOME/bin/jars/SplunkMR-s6.0-h1.0.jar:$SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/MongoDBApp/bin/hunk_mongodb_app.jar:$SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/MongoDBApp/bin/lib/*
vix.command.arg.4 = com.splunk.erp.mongodb.MongoDBERP

0 Karma

ashish_ray

To be more clear, If 5-10 query started in parallel, would it use the same JVM with 5-10 threads or it would spawn a separate JVM for each query?

0 Karma

rdagan_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Exactly. After the provider opens a java connection to hadoop, we keep the JVM running until we get all the results or a heartbeat timeout kills the connection. In the case of a provider with MongoDB, we close the connection after the stream from MongoDB gets all the results.

0 Karma

ashish_ray

Thanks, radagan.

That means Hunk will start a separate provider (JVM instance), using the provider settings, for each Splunk query?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...