All Apps and Add-ons

Joining fields from another index to the fields that is generated by |snowincidentalert

gracecedeno
Loves-to-Learn Everything

So I have an  spl query, that does these things:

-gets all the values from index=rds_db that is equal to transfer_status to failure
-passes all the field values (those eval fields) to service now to create an incident ticket
-|snowincidentalert creates tickets. (all those fields before the command are rendered as unusable) 
       -"Incident Number" , "Incident Link", "Correlation ID" are one of those fields that appears after the command
-field mapping the Incident Number field to the number field from index=snow_incident
-using regex to the description to get the fields needed to supply the email lookup and later the email integration (source_sys_name, target_sys_name)
-using source_sys_name to map the email_group field which is on the email_lookup
-creating a case condition that will match the group to the correct email
- table the fields needed so to use this as a parameter for the email integration and send those emails 

All of these query is located inside of an alert that will be triggered real-time. In our requirements, we need to be able to create new tickets. In my spl query,  I just indicated the correlation id so I will not be able to create new ticket and flood the service now db with tickets. My problem is if  I dont declare the correlation_id, it doesnt match the incident number that the |snowincidentalert have given.  All I know that was working is up to the |rename "Incident Number" as number. After that, it doesn't show any results.

p.s the email alert integration works fine also. It just doesn't give me an email if I remove the correlation_id
-----------------------------------
index="rds_db"
| eval D1=if(transfer_status="Succesful transfer of file from EKS", "Success", "Failure")
| where D1="Failure"

| rename interface_id as "Service ID", priority as "Priority", source_sys_name as "Source", target_sys_name as "Target", integration_name as IntegrationName
| table "Service ID", "Service Name", "Priority", "Source", "Target", "D1", IntegrationName

| eval state="1"
| eval configuration_item=Source
| eval cmdb_ci=Source
| eval contact_type="Splunk ServiceNow Add-on"
| eval assignment_group=Source
| eval category="Application Software"
| eval subcategory="File_Data_Report"
| eval impact="2"
| eval urgency="2"
| eval priority="2"
| eval short_description="No ".IntegrationName." Received"
| eval custom_fields="u_company=testCompany||comments=Here is my comment||description=".Source.": No ".IntegrationName." Received on [Event Date] by ".Target
| eval account="ServiceNow_account"
| eval correlation_id="bda390dfaf3243328a8994022b45d7a3"

|snowincidentalert
| rename "Incident Number" as number
| join number
[search index=snow_incident]

| rex field=dv_description "(?<source_sys_name>.+): No (?<integration_name>.+) Received on \[Event Date\] by (?<target_sys_name>.+)"
| table dv_description number dv_assignment_group source_sys_name target_sys_name integration_name

| lookup email_lookup email_group as source_sys_name OUTPUT email_group
| eval email_group_address_source=case(email_group=="NCTracks", "testNCTracks@gmail.com",email_group=="PHP-AMHC", "testNCTracks@gmail.com", email_group=="testPHP-BCBS@gmail.com", "testPHP-BCBS@gmail.com",email_group=="Analytics", "testAnalytics@gmail.com",email_group=="Enrollment Broker", "testEnrollmentBroker.@gmail.com")

| lookup email_lookup email_group as target_sys_name OUTPUT email_group
| eval email_group_address_target=case(email_group=="NCTracks", "testNCTracks@gmail.com",email_group=="PHP-AMHC", "testNHP-AMHC@gmail.com", email_group=="testPHP-BCBS@gmail.com", "testPHP-BCBS@gmail.com",email_group=="Analytics", "testAnalytics@gmail.com",email_group=="Enrollment Broker", "testEnrollmentBroker.@gmail.com")

| eval incident_link="https://acnncmeddemo.service-now.com/incident.do?sysparm_query=number=".number
| table number incident_link source_sys_name target_sys_name email_group_address_source email_group_address_target

-----------------------------------sample_pic results.pngsample_pic email alert.png

Labels (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...