All Apps and Add-ons

Issues with the 6.x Dashboard Examples App

gvmorley
Contributor

One for the Splunk folks...

I was keen to check out the updates to the 6.x Dashboard Examples App today, as version 6.6.0 was released.

But it looks like there are a couple of issues... A number of the dashboard xml files are either missing, or incorrectly referenced from the Examples (contents.xml) page.

Here's a screenshot:

alt text

Taking the 'Drilldown Single Value' link as an example. The linking URL is: /simple_xml_examples/simple_drilldown_single

A quick look in the ../default/data/ui/views directory shows that this is missing. Heres a snippet:

├── simple_display_controls_example.xml
    ├── simple_drilldown_no_action.xml
    ├── simple_drilldown_to_custom_url.xml
    ├── simple_drilldown_to_dashboard.xml
    ├── simple_drilldown_to_report.xml
    ├── simple_drilldown_to_search.xml
    ├── simple_drilldown_to_tokens.xml
    ├── simple_environment_tokens.xml

Might be one to check out before too many people download the updated app.

Looking forward to version 6.6.1

Thanks.

0 Karma
1 Solution

gvmorley
Contributor

HI,

Doh. I feel like a bit of an idiot... After re-downloading multiple times and getting nowhere, I cleared my Browser Cache.

Yeah, that fixed it.

Appologies to the Splunk folks!

View solution in original post

0 Karma

gvmorley
Contributor

HI,

Doh. I feel like a bit of an idiot... After re-downloading multiple times and getting nowhere, I cleared my Browser Cache.

Yeah, that fixed it.

Appologies to the Splunk folks!

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@gvmorley... I am not sure if you have upgraded properly to latest version of 6.x Dashboard Examples or not, because you should have seen version 6.6 also in supported version for dashboards. Since your screenshot just shows 6.5, maybe uninstall and reinstall if possible.

The reason why you are not seeing Drilldowns specifically for Splunk's built in visualizations is because new Drilldown options have been included directly in the UI Editor. Refer to attached screenshot for Latest 6.x Dashboard Example.
alt text
alt text
FYI if you want to explore new features of 6.6 you should try out Splunk Enterprise 6.6 Overview App from Splunkbase: https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/3547/

Also read about new Drilldown behavior in Splunk 6.6 : http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/Viz/DrilldownIntro

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...