All Apps and Add-ons

Issue with python module when executing python script form splunk

ygkr

alt text

Here is the snapshot of the issue which I can c from job inspector and my below script is working fine in python environment but not in splunk

**import random
import sys

import scipy as sc

import scipy.stats as sct
x = sys.argv1
def ran_w():

z= []
k= []
for i in range(0,int(x)):
    z =random.random()
    k =sct.norm.ppf

(z,loc=197.265217391304,scale=33.1340303880203)
print("Random Number")
print(z)
print("IND Value")
print(k)

ran_w()**

Kindly help me... and thanks in advance..

Tags (1)
0 Karma

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

It's telling you it can't find the stats module in the scypi library in your splunk_home/etc/apps/search/bin directory. Put it there and the error will go away.

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Consider this image of a app/bin directory that I have for an Azure - Splunk integration:

tableService.py imports dateutil and azure. These libraries are not packaged with Splunk's python. So i have to put them here in the bin directory in order to use "import dateutil" in my python script tableService.py.

alt text

0 Karma

ygkr

jkat54 thanks for the response and will u plz elobrate on putting the module into splunk bin directory as of now I saved my python script in bin and running it from search bar but I can c my output for the script in Anaconda IDE... I m new to python thats y m asking u to eloborate... the things like where to download the package and how to install that in bin folder of splunk....

0 Karma

sideview
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

One piece maybe you're missing is instead of testing the script just with "python script.py", you use "splunk cmd python script.py" This causes splunk to do a couple important things that end up mirroring how Splunk will run your script later. One of these things is putting $SPLUNK_HOME/bin in pythonpath so it can see the files you're trying to import.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...