All Apps and Add-ons

Issue while using multiple dropdown option in Splunk Add on builder using REST API option.

raunaka1

Hi Experts,

I am creating an addon in my local splunk using Splunk Add on builder with REST API option. I have created an input with some fields including one in which i want user to select multiple options out of the range of options i will be configuring in the addon. So i am trying to use multiple dropdown option available in addon builder but using that is not fetching the correct response. While with single dropdown option i am able to get the proper response. Is there any different method to pass the parameter value when using multiple dropdown option in add on builder app in splunk apart from ${param_name}.

Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in Advance !

0 Karma

pmeyerson
Path Finder

Hi raunaka1,

I think you can do this to see how the data is being passed to your add on code:

1: set app log level in app setup, say debug.

in the validate_input(), add at the top:

loglevel=helper.get_log_level()
    helper.set_log_level(loglevel)
    helper.log_debug("input received={}".format(str(definition.parameters))) # set log level as you wish

definition.parameters should be a dict with all your parameters, so you should see what is getting passed in.
If its a param you added manually after exporting from AOB, you'll need to add it in a bunch of places within your project code.

0 Karma

raunaka1

@richgalloway - Could you please help here ?

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Sorry, I have no experience with AoB.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...