All Apps and Add-ons

Issue when upgrading from 7.2.6 to 8.0.1

AKG1_old1
Builder

Hello,

we are currently on 7.2.6 and planning to upgrade with 8.0.1.

When I upgraded in test environment, After starting splunk(it took longer to start). but real issue is I am not be able to access Splunk via web.

I read somewhere that Splunk web doesn't support python 2.7 so I just changed it to 3.7.

splunk/etc/system/local/server.conf
       python.version = python3

Not sure if anything else I am missing here.

Thanks

Errors in splunkd.log
alt text

0 Karma
1 Solution

AKG1_old1
Builder

I am able to start webUI after upgrade. Problem was there are mutiple apps having python script which is not compitible in Splunk 8.x. So I have removed those apps to make it working.

Apps I have to remove
Splunk_TA_jmx
splunk_app_for_nix
DBdata
sideview_utils
dbx
sos

View solution in original post

0 Karma

AKG1_old1
Builder

I am able to start webUI after upgrade. Problem was there are mutiple apps having python script which is not compitible in Splunk 8.x. So I have removed those apps to make it working.

Apps I have to remove
Splunk_TA_jmx
splunk_app_for_nix
DBdata
sideview_utils
dbx
sos

0 Karma

BainM
Communicator

Hello agoyal-

1. Remove the python statement from server.conf. Splunk uses its own internal Python environment, and while it is transitioning/ed over Py3, it still allows for Py2 (at the moment). Changing anything Python manually can damage the application.

2. Check your logs! 🙂 If there is an issue with splunkweb, it will tell you and you can post it back here.
    Linux: {$SPLUNK_HOME}/var/log/splunk/splunkd.log
    Win: {$SPLUNK_HOME}\var\log\splunk\splunkd.log

Hope this helps,
Mike

AKG1_old1
Builder

@BainM : thanks for response. I have reverted server.conf. I have attached screenshot of relevant errors I am getting in Splunkd.log

There errors related to python and getting this error for multiple apps.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...