All Apps and Add-ons

Is there any way to get TA-webtools curl to use a proxy?

plaxosi
Explorer

I have seen a couple of answers about use of proxies by "curl" where it is stated that it is not possible to specify a specific proxy for each request, but it was not clear to me whether it is possible to use a proxy configured at the system level.

I see in the code that you write "### Doesnt use the HTTP_PROXY or HTTPS_PROXY defined in splunk-launch.conf". But is there a way to get the "requests" call to pick up another proxy config, e.g. in Splunk's server.conf/proxyConfig or in Linux's /etc/environment?

In short is there any way to get TA-webtools curl to use a proxy?

Thanks

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Yes it will use a proxy if you configure the proxy at a system level and make sure the splunk "run as" user is forced to use the proxy.

you could also relay the curls through a proxy directly... using tools like nginx or haproxy and setting up endpoints that relay your request.

View solution in original post

m_pham
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hey - have you reached out to @jkat54 for help? He's pretty responsive and helpful. You can also reach out to him via the Splunk usergroup in Slack. jkat54 is the creator of the TA you are asking about.

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Community/current/community/Chat

0 Karma

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Yes it will use a proxy if you configure the proxy at a system level and make sure the splunk "run as" user is forced to use the proxy.

you could also relay the curls through a proxy directly... using tools like nginx or haproxy and setting up endpoints that relay your request.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...