All Apps and Add-ons

Is there any way the Splunk App for Instagram could be updated for 6.4.x or any sort of workaround?

irina_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I'm trying to make the Splunk App for Instagram (created for 6.2) work with 6.4.1 - running into some issues. Is there any way the App could be updated for 6.4 or any sort of workaround?

0 Karma

jbjerke_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

It seems Instagram has made changes to their API which causes this app to not function properly.

https://www.instagram.com/developer/changelog/

Any takers on re-writing the REST api modular input to work with these changes?

j

0 Karma

MuS
Legend

Hi irina [Splunk],

taken from the Apps https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/2656/#/documentation documentation page:

5.Install the dependent REST API Modular Input app"

Copy the folder SPLUNK HOME/etc/apps/instagram/install/rest_ta to SPLUNK HOME/etc/apps/ . This will install the official REST API modular input created by Damien Dallimore that is used for connecting to the Instagram API. This version of rest_ta includes some custom python response handlers to handle the Instagram API json format. These are not included in the REST API Modular input app that can be found on Splunkbase.

Hope this helps ...

cheers, MuS

0 Karma

irina_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi, MuS, unfortunately I did do that as part of the install process and it does not work. Thank you though!

0 Karma

MuS
Legend

It semi worked for me 🙂 At least Instagram is now complaining :

06-13-2016 15:20:38.939 +1200 ERROR ExecProcessor - message from "python /opt/splunk/etc/apps/TAInstagram/bin/instagram.py" ERROR:root:HTTP Request error: 400 Client Error: BAD REQUEST

Had do to some re-writing of the script do get there...keep you updated.

Did you had success ?

0 Karma

irina_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Yeah, I have been getting those same errors 🙂

0 Karma

MuS
Legend

Okay, I gave up after trying to use this .... well to be polite - useless Instagram API!

0 Karma

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

whats the issue you're running into?

0 Karma

irina_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The install for the Instagram app requires that you add some REST inputs in the Data Inputs section - and unfortunately REST does not seem to be an option under Data Inputs for me in 6.4.1

0 Karma

irina_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee
0 Karma

irina_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I may have fixed this by reinstalling Damien's REST API app... testing it out.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...