All Apps and Add-ons

Is there any way I can use a custom AMI for Splunk in AWS?

msrkr
Explorer

Can I use a custom AMI which is hardened by a script for Splunk deployment in AWS?
If there is a possibility, how can I do it?
please suggest me.
I know just changing the AMI in the cloudformation does not work
There are some internal changes that need to be made.

Kindly help me with this.
Thank you in advance.

0 Karma

esix_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You can install Splunk on any AMI in AWS that is supported. It would be up to you to change the cloudformation scripts as neccesary and make sure they work.

0 Karma

msrkr
Explorer

But I am unable to deploy it as it's not receiving success signal.

0 Karma

msrkr
Explorer

I have changed the AMI in cloud formation but did not get a success signal.

19:29:05 UTC-0400 ROLLBACK_IN_PROGRESS AWS::CloudFormation::Stack Spk The following resource(s) failed to create: [SplunkCM]. . Rollback requested by user.

19:29:04 UTC-0400 CREATE_FAILED AWS::EC2::Instance SplunkCM Failed to receive 1 resource signal(s) within the specified duration

18:28:47 UTC-0400 CREATE_IN_PROGRESS AWS::EC2::Instance SplunkCM Resource creation Initiated

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...