All Apps and Add-ons

Is there any documentation on TLS version & Ciphersuites used to connect to ServiceNow?

ssaadeh
Loves-to-Learn Everything

Dear All,

I need the details of the TLS version & Ciphersuites used to connect to ServiceNow?
Is there any document that I can download?

0 Karma

rkantamaneni_sp
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi @ssaadeh ,

>> I need the details of the TLS version & Ciphersuites used to connect to ServiceNow?

The TLS versions & Ciphersuites are per Splunk documentation (not in the App).

Splunk TLS:

As of Splunk 6.6+, Splunk supports TLS1.2 with the following ciphers:

ECDHE-ECDSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384:ECDHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES128-GCM-
SHA256:ECDHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES256-SHA384:ECDHE-RSA-AES256-SHA384:ECDHE-ECDSA-
AES128-SHA256:ECDHE-RSA-AES128-SHA256

Reference Link: https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/Security/Ciphersuites

Splunk ServiceNow Add-On v.5.0.0:

Splunk has tested the ServiceNow AddOn v5.0.0 compatibility with TLS 1.2 by using the snowstream command and was able to successfully perform handshake, request and receive responses on TLS 1.2.

Mentioning TLS 1.2 above in relation to this ServiceNow KB about deprecating TLS 1.0/1.1 : https://hi.service-now.com/kb_view.do?sysparm_article=KB0746078

sylim_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

worked by addon-24595

robgora_nbcu

But how do we configure the Add-on to use the TLS 1.2? Instead of 1.0?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...