All Apps and Add-ons

Is there a way to save a dashboard slideshow?

gutbrodj

I am attempting to create and executive dashboard slideshow, however, I can't find the function to save the slideshow dashboard setup so that I can provide it to the executives. Is there a functionality I am missing, or can this functionality be added?

0 Karma

LukeMurphey
Champion

This isn't supported at the current time. However, I made a ticket that will track looking into a solution (http://lukemurphey.net/issues/1109 ).

Update:
The ability to load and save shows has been added to version 2.4. Note that KV store support is required for the feature so make sure to use a 64-bit version of Splunk that is at least version 6.2.

0 Karma

LukeMurphey
Champion

BTW: click the "share link" option to get a dialog that includes links that can be shared. One of the links will auto-play the dashboards.

0 Karma

muriloalves
Explorer

Thanks a lot Luke for this app. May I also suggest that once you implement that save function that the saved show can be start directly by the URL without user action. That way admins can publish/distribute a single URL that will kick out the presentation directly.
Out of curiosity, do you have any plan to release that?

0 Karma

LukeMurphey
Champion

I started work on this recently. My plan was to include the ability to follow a URL that would initialize the show.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...