All Apps and Add-ons

Is there a way to configure the Splunk PowerShell Resource Kit, SplunkdUser function to return more than 30 results?

marwall

When I connect to a server and retrieve the list of users using the SplunkdUser function of the Splunk PowerShell Resource Kit, it only return 30 oft 500+ users.

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ahacsplk
Engager

Apparently not. The underlying REST API supports changing the default (30) but I don't see a -Count option in this cmdlet like some of the others (e.g., Get-SplunkApplication).

If you have a little PS background and are so inclined: Looks like it would not be difficult to add. I'd suggest starting by looking at the $restArgs hash in the Get-SplunkApplication function.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

ahacsplk
Engager

Apparently not. The underlying REST API supports changing the default (30) but I don't see a -Count option in this cmdlet like some of the others (e.g., Get-SplunkApplication).

If you have a little PS background and are so inclined: Looks like it would not be difficult to add. I'd suggest starting by looking at the $restArgs hash in the Get-SplunkApplication function.

0 Karma

marwall

I was able to modify the function based on your recommendation and it returned all of the expected results.
Thank You!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...