All Apps and Add-ons

Is there a subscription limitation with Microsoft Azure Metatdata Inventory Add-On?

jscraig2006
Communicator

I noticed that you can only add 1 subscription to the configuration. Will there be the ability to add multiple subscriptions from a single tenant?

0 Karma
1 Solution

jconger
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Yes, you can get data from multiple subscriptions. Here's how:

1. Grant your Azure AD application registration Reader access to your subscriptions. If you are using the Topology input, you will need to grant Network Contributor access. For more information about required permissions, see this spreadsheet -> http://bit.ly/Splunk_Azure_Permissions
  2. Create a new input in the add-on and supply the tenant ID and subscription ID.

alt text

View solution in original post

jkwiotek

it would be nice to add multiple subscriptions as a list

0 Karma

jkwiotek

and how do i get all my 100 subscriptions at a time? do i need to create 100 of those inputs?

0 Karma

jconger
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The API used behind the scenes works at the subscription level, so yeah, you need an input per subscription. However, you don't have to use the UI to create the inputs. You can create inputs via inputs.conf.

0 Karma

jscraig2006
Communicator

I would says yes that you would have to add each subscription to an input with the exception of the inputs not requiring a subscription.

0 Karma

jconger
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Yes, you can get data from multiple subscriptions. Here's how:

1. Grant your Azure AD application registration Reader access to your subscriptions. If you are using the Topology input, you will need to grant Network Contributor access. For more information about required permissions, see this spreadsheet -> http://bit.ly/Splunk_Azure_Permissions
  2. Create a new input in the add-on and supply the tenant ID and subscription ID.

alt text

jscraig2006
Communicator

sorry for the late response.. This worked great with using the spreadsheet you provided.

0 Karma

jscraig2006
Communicator

Excellent spreadsheet. Just what I needed. We are new to Azure. If I create an AD Application, would this give me the ability to monitor all of our subscriptions and O365?

0 Karma

jkwiotek

would like to use a wildcard for all my subscriptions

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...