All Apps and Add-ons

Is the Splunk App and Add-on for Unix and Linux supported on Splunk Light?

stevedarnowsky
Engager

Trying to install the Splunk App for Unix and Linux on a server with Splunk Light. I followed the instructions in the APP Admin doc to unzip the tar to the App directory and then restarted Splunk. However, when I sign on to Splunk Web, I do not see a manage app as described in the App doc so I can continue with the install.

0 Karma
1 Solution

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The add-on is, the app is not. Splunk Light does not support apps. See the key differences between Splunk Light and Splunk Enterprise table in the Splunk Light documentation.

To use the add-on, just enable it in the Add-ons view. See Configure an add-on to add data.

View solution in original post

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The add-on is, the app is not. Splunk Light does not support apps. See the key differences between Splunk Light and Splunk Enterprise table in the Splunk Light documentation.

To use the add-on, just enable it in the Add-ons view. See Configure an add-on to add data.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...