All Apps and Add-ons

Is the Splunk App and Add-on for Unix and Linux supported on Splunk Light?

stevedarnowsky
Engager

Trying to install the Splunk App for Unix and Linux on a server with Splunk Light. I followed the instructions in the APP Admin doc to unzip the tar to the App directory and then restarted Splunk. However, when I sign on to Splunk Web, I do not see a manage app as described in the App doc so I can continue with the install.

0 Karma
1 Solution

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The add-on is, the app is not. Splunk Light does not support apps. See the key differences between Splunk Light and Splunk Enterprise table in the Splunk Light documentation.

To use the add-on, just enable it in the Add-ons view. See Configure an add-on to add data.

View solution in original post

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The add-on is, the app is not. Splunk Light does not support apps. See the key differences between Splunk Light and Splunk Enterprise table in the Splunk Light documentation.

To use the add-on, just enable it in the Add-ons view. See Configure an add-on to add data.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...