All Apps and Add-ons

Is it possible to use a DB lookup in DB Connect 2 like in version 1?

sc0tt
Builder

I don't need it to run automatically or to cache data. What exactly is being cached? The table is quite large so it isn't desired to have it cached anywhere.
I've successfully created a manual lookup but it appears it's still necessary to have it "Reload the lookup data into the cache every" X hours.
It also seems that variables are not supported in the SQL queries ($input_field$).

0 Karma
1 Solution

jcoates
Communicator

Hi,

Depending on the version of 2, you’ll get different behavior as there were several redesigns. To be honest I can’t recommend using DB Connect 2 at all. If you use DB Connect 3, you’ll get exactly the behavior you’re asking for.

Version 2.4 can do what you want as well, but it is very inefficient about it.

View solution in original post

jcoates
Communicator

Hi,

Depending on the version of 2, you’ll get different behavior as there were several redesigns. To be honest I can’t recommend using DB Connect 2 at all. If you use DB Connect 3, you’ll get exactly the behavior you’re asking for.

Version 2.4 can do what you want as well, but it is very inefficient about it.

sc0tt
Builder

It does seem that DB Connect 2 took a step in the wrong direction.
We're using DB Connect 2.4.1 because DB Connect 3 is not supported on our current version of Splunk (6.2), but it may be time to upgrade Splunk.
I'll look at moving to DB Connect 3.

Thanks.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...