All Apps and Add-ons

Is it possible to get Character Large Object (CLOB) values from Oracle databases in Splunk DB Connect 2

dmonsag
Explorer

Is it possible to get CLOB values from Oracle db-inputs in Splunk DB Connect 2? The query test said it's not a supported type. In this cas,e how do you suggest to migrate info from my Oracle databases to Splunk?

ggiessen
Explorer

this works for me:

SELECT TO_CHAR(dbms_lob.substr(,4000))

phoenixdigital
Builder

Thanks for the answer but I already have the DB admins breathing down my neck regarding database input queries. I fear that adding any more complexity to the query would push them over the edge and they might go all "soup nazi" on me "No DB input for you!!!!"

Ideally having it supported like it was for DB Connect 1 would be the best option.

0 Karma

phoenixdigital
Builder

Any chance of this being supported in the future?

I have quite a few database inputs I would like to migrate across to DB Connect 2 but this is holding them up.

I'd prefer not to convert them in SQL as a "fix"

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...