All Apps and Add-ons

Is it possible to change username of Splunk account ?

ranjyotiprakash
Communicator

Hi,

Is it possible to change Splunkbase username ? If yes, then how to do this .
Thanks !

Tags (2)
1 Solution

oprokhorenko_sp
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Ranjyoti -

No, you cannot. Some older users were able to change the usernames previously, but this is not available anymore to preserve data consistency.

Lets take it offline and I'll see what I can do for you here.

View solution in original post

oprokhorenko_sp
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The answer was given here http://answers.splunk.com/answers/67755/is-it-possible-to-change-username-of-splunk-account/67808

It is not possible to change username, but you may change your email address (check out your splunk.com profile page).

Yes, you can create a new account, but you will need a different email address for that.

mjawetz59

I was wondering if there was an update to this answer as it is over a year old. I too would like to update the username and post an app. Can I create a second account that references the same email address?

0 Karma

oprokhorenko_sp
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Ranjyoti -

No, you cannot. Some older users were able to change the usernames previously, but this is not available anymore to preserve data consistency.

Lets take it offline and I'll see what I can do for you here.

jaredlaney
Contributor

Is this still the case with the username? Why is the username so tightly coupled to the account? Couldn't a surrogate key be used instead of the username?

Drainy
Champion

Alas, you cannot. This feature was removed due to a bug in SB I believe.

Drainy
Champion

I don't believ so, the Splunk guys might be able to change it for you or you may just need to try and delete and re-upload it. Hopefully one of the SB admins will spot this later.

0 Karma

ranjyotiprakash
Communicator

Thanks for your reply.
Is their any way so that I can change the author name of my uploaded app ? Actually, I want to show an author name different from my username.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...