All Apps and Add-ons

Is Splunk Hunk still the product name and is it IP v6 compatible?

cnett522

Good Day

I am researching Hunk User Manual and trying to determine if is suitable for our environment.

(1) Could confirm the correct name of product? Splunk Hunk®(Legacy)
Hunk or just Splunk Hunk. When I search the splunk website https://www.splunk.com/en_us/products.html it is not listed so this makes it difficult for our enterprise standards section to approve product for testing.

(2) Is Hunk IPv6 capable and could I receive documentation to that via email?

0 Karma

rdagan_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hadoop does not support IPV6. And since Hunk run queries against Hadoop, or copy buckets to Hadoop (Hadoop Data Roll), I would say ..
Network access from the user to the Hunk UI (Splunk Search Head) = Yes
Network access from Hunk to Hadoop = No

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Great clarification, thank you!

0 Karma

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The product that was Hunk has evolved somewhat, and is now Splunk Analytics for Hadoop.

It is contained in the Linux download for Splunk Enterprise, and licensed separately.

See the Splunk Analytics for Hadoop documentation.

I don't know the answer to the IPv6 question specifically, but Splunk Enterprise supports IPv6, so I think Splunk Analytics for Hadoop should also.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...