All Apps and Add-ons

Invalid key in stanza [default] (value: light)

fhetterscheid

After installing i get this error.

Checking: /opt/splunk/etc/apps/force_directed_viz/default/savedsearches.conf
Invalid key in stanza [default] in /opt/splunk/etc/apps/force_directed_viz/default/savedsearches.conf, line 2: display.visualizations.custom.force_directed_viz.force_directed.theme (value: light).

0 Karma

dperre_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hey fhetterscheid. I have pushed a change to the latest release of Force Directed App. It will be fixed in version 2.0.1.

The fix was to delete the savedsearches.conf as I have already created defaults in code for the visualizations so the configuration was superfluous. Hope this helps. 🙂

0 Karma

guilmxm
Influencer

Hello !

The fix was not to delete the savedsearches.conf but the creation of README/savedsearches.conf.spec:

cat force_directed_viz/README/savedsearches.conf.spec

# Declare properties here
# <int>, <string>, <float>
display.visualizations.custom.force_directed_viz.force_directed.theme = <string>

Which fixes the error at splunkd start.

Many thanks

Guilhem

andsov
Explorer

Thanks Guilhem, that worked 🙂

Had this problem with the Status Indicator app.

0 Karma

devbus
Engager

I can confirm that the proper solution is the one provided by Guilhem.
$SPLUNK_HOME/bin/splunk cmd btool check no more shows errors.

Thanks.

François

0 Karma

amiftah
Communicator

Can you show the first lines of you [default] stanza in your /opt/splunk/etc/apps/force_directed_viz/default/savedsearches.conf?

Check this answer: https://answers.splunk.com/answers/435046/custom-cluster-map-visualization-why-am-i-getting.html, it may help..

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...