All Apps and Add-ons

Invalid key in stanza [default] (value: light)

fhetterscheid

After installing i get this error.

Checking: /opt/splunk/etc/apps/force_directed_viz/default/savedsearches.conf
Invalid key in stanza [default] in /opt/splunk/etc/apps/force_directed_viz/default/savedsearches.conf, line 2: display.visualizations.custom.force_directed_viz.force_directed.theme (value: light).

0 Karma

dperre_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hey fhetterscheid. I have pushed a change to the latest release of Force Directed App. It will be fixed in version 2.0.1.

The fix was to delete the savedsearches.conf as I have already created defaults in code for the visualizations so the configuration was superfluous. Hope this helps. 🙂

0 Karma

guilmxm
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hello !

The fix was not to delete the savedsearches.conf but the creation of README/savedsearches.conf.spec:

cat force_directed_viz/README/savedsearches.conf.spec

# Declare properties here
# <int>, <string>, <float>
display.visualizations.custom.force_directed_viz.force_directed.theme = <string>

Which fixes the error at splunkd start.

Many thanks

Guilhem

andsov
Explorer

Thanks Guilhem, that worked 🙂

Had this problem with the Status Indicator app.

0 Karma

devbus
Engager

I can confirm that the proper solution is the one provided by Guilhem.
$SPLUNK_HOME/bin/splunk cmd btool check no more shows errors.

Thanks.

François

0 Karma

amiftah
Communicator

Can you show the first lines of you [default] stanza in your /opt/splunk/etc/apps/force_directed_viz/default/savedsearches.conf?

Check this answer: https://answers.splunk.com/answers/435046/custom-cluster-map-visualization-why-am-i-getting.html, it may help..

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...