All Apps and Add-ons

Invalid key in default stanza for DB Connect app doc_title

mbrunetto
Path Finder

I am running Splunk 6.5 and DB Connect 3.1.0. I know there is a 3.1.1, but it does not list this as a fixed issue in the changelog. Other than deleting/commenting out these bad lines, how would I fix this key? This is happening in the default configs, so I'm not sure if I somehow corrupted the install, or if something migrated from my old v2 DB Connect that shouldn't have.
in $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/splunk_app_db_connect/default/checklist.conf:

Invalid key in stanza [dbx_java_installation_health_check] in /services/s-splunk/splunk/etc/apps/splunk_app_db_connect/default/checklist.conf, line 17: doc_title  (value:  DB Connect JVM installation).
        Did you mean 'description'?
        Did you mean 'disabled'?
        Did you mean 'doc_link'?
        Did you mean 'drilldown'?
                Invalid key in stanza [dbx_driver_installation_health_check] in /services/s-splunk/splunk/etc/apps/splunk_app_db_connect/default/checklist.conf, line 41: doc_title  (value:  DB Connect JDBC Driver installation).
        Did you mean 'disabled'?
        Did you mean 'doc_link'?
                Invalid key in stanza [dbx_connections_configuration_health_check] in /services/s-splunk/splunk/etc/apps/splunk_app_db_connect/default/checklist.conf, line 69: doc_title  (value:  DB Connect connection configuration,DB Connect identity configuration).
        Did you mean 'disabled'?
        Did you mean 'doc_link'?
                Invalid key in stanza [dbx_data_lab_configuration_health_check] in /services/s-splunk/splunk/etc/apps/splunk_app_db_connect/default/checklist.conf, line 85: doc_title  (value:  DB Connect input configuration,DB Connect output configuration,DB Connect lookup configuration).
        Did you mean 'disabled'?
        Did you mean 'doc_link'?
                Invalid key in stanza [dbx_java_server_configuration_health_check] in /services/s-splunk/splunk/etc/apps/splunk_app_db_connect/default/checklist.conf, line 98: doc_title  (value:  DB Connect Java Server configuration).
        Did you mean 'disabled'?
        Did you mean 'doc_link'?
0 Karma

lmaclean
Path Finder

Hi,

So I have seen this issue before and actually ran into it again on the current customer site I am working upon.

It appears when running Splunk Enterprise 6.5.x and any of the DBX 3.x versions so it isn't you and even the latest package (3.1.1) doesn't have a checklist.conf.spec file. The only one that comes with the system that I can see is within the "splunk_monitoring_console" app, but even coping this over to the DBX's README folder it still throws up the errors.

I presume it is a limitation within Splunk 6.5.x and the best course would be to locally edit the "default" checklist.conf files to comment out these lines until you upgrade past Enterprise 6.5.x as with Enterprise 6.6.x and 7.0.x this doesn't seem to be an issue at all.

maciep
Champion

some thoughts:

is this a shc? if it is, then keep in mind that the deployer will merge default/local appropriately and push the "winning" changes into default on the members. So if this is a member in a shc, being in default doesn't necessarily mean it is in default in the app. If that is the case, check to see if there is a local version of checklist.conf on your deployer

if you download 3.1.0 and just look at the files (w/o installing), does that key exist in the default checklist.conf? that might help you verify whether it was something from your migration. If it is, is it also defined appropriately in the checklist.conf spec file in the README folder.

And then if needed, do the same check for 3.1.1 (if it was maybe caught and addressed)

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...