All Apps and Add-ons

Installing a TA in a Splunk Cluster

agodoy
Communicator

I have the SoS TA and *nix TA installed on my search peers. I have also enabled the inputs and deployed the bundle via cluster master (5.0.4 permission issue is now gone). However, I do not see any data from my search peers.

Do I also need to configure outputs.conf so that the search peers send that to the themselves?

Am I missing something else?

Thanks

0 Karma
1 Solution

agodoy
Communicator

I found the problem. Documentation.

I was putting the TA directories in $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/master-apps/_cluster, but they need to be in $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/master-apps .

View solution in original post

agodoy
Communicator

I found the problem. Documentation.

I was putting the TA directories in $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/master-apps/_cluster, but they need to be in $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/master-apps .

agodoy
Communicator

Nothing from ExecProcessor at all.

0 Karma

sowings
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Do you see log events from ExecProcessor indicating a permissions failure, or perhaps some other error condition?

It sounds like the steps you've taken are correct.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...