All Apps and Add-ons

Installation of Splunk Dashboards App (Beta) from "Browse more apps" interface in Splunk doesn't work.

terminaloutcome
Path Finder

Looks like you've included multiple apps in the package - this error appears when installing:

Invalid app contents: archive contains more than one immediate subdirectory: and splunk-dashboard-app

0 Karma
1 Solution

emeelan_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Good news! With the release of version 0.3.0, you'll be able to install the app the same way you install any of the others. Thanks for your patience!

-Eve

View solution in original post

emeelan_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Good news! With the release of version 0.3.0, you'll be able to install the app the same way you install any of the others. Thanks for your patience!

-Eve

niketn
Legend

@emeelan_splunk any tentative date for 0.3.0?

atammana_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

@niketnilay We can't give any hard dates unfortunately, but keep an eye out for it!

0 Karma

atammana_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Gaurav, the app requires installation via CLI. See docs here: https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/DashApp/latest/DashApp/IntroApp

gaurav_maniar
Builder

I guess it was a glitch from the Splunk, i experienced the same issue yesterday, but today it's working fine.

You can retry the download with restart or download directly from https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/1603/ and paste at $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/

0 Karma

gaurav_maniar
Builder

Hi @atammana_splunk ,

Opps, I mistaken the Dashboard beta with Dashboard Example app.

The app available with .spl extension. The app file can be easily extracted using 7zip application on Windows or by using "tar" command on windows/linux systems. "tar" is zip/unzip command, not any installation command.
tar -xvf<path_to_file>/<app_file>.spl -C <destination>/<folder>/

Once application file is extracted, it will create two folders.
Now copy/paste these 2 folders inside $SPLUNK_HOME$/etc/apps/

Now, restart your Splunk to load the application or you can load it without restart by going to URL,
https://:8000/en-US/debug/refresh --> click refresh.

Once page loading is complete, refresh your Splunk Home page, and dashboard app will be available in the application list.

Accept & up-vote the answer if it helps.

0 Karma

fsuzuki
Explorer

I tried CLI and tar, It works fine, Thank you!

0 Karma

fsuzuki
Explorer

I tried CLI and tar, It works fine, Thank you!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...