All Apps and Add-ons

Install packages in the Python for Scientific Computing interpreter

gwobben
Communicator

Is it possible to install a python package (e.g. xgboost) in the Python for Scientific Computing interpreter app?

hunters_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi gwobben,

I think it is possible to install additional python packages into the app with some manual compile and build work, but Splunk does not support nor recommend doing this.

Thanks!
Hunter

0 Karma

efavreau
Motivator

Due to the passage of time, I'll put this here: https://answers.splunk.com/answers/497850/machine-learning-toolkit-is-there-documentation-ab.html

###

If this reply helps you, an upvote would be appreciated.
0 Karma

gwobben
Communicator

Hi Hunters,

Thanks for the reply. Let me rephrase: HOW can I install additional packages? I'm not really looking to recompile the entire thing but it would be nice to use Python imports.

0 Karma

JosIJntema
Explorer

Have you found out how to this already? I am curious as well.

0 Karma

gwobben
Communicator

No you just can't.. I've chosen a different route by running my python code on a different (docker) machine with an API.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...