All Apps and Add-ons

Install & Setup S3 Add-on

benefitcos
Explorer

Hello all,

Trying to install and setup the Splunk for Amazon S3 Add-on. I can access and download the App from here: http://apps.splunk.com/app/1137/ . I get a successful message from Splunk after install.

I've added the App to my instance of Splunk; I can see the files within the Splunk folder [D:\splunk\etc\apps\s3...], I've configured the s3.py spec file with my access and secret keys (within ~\bin...], but I am unable to see anything named Amazon S3 in the Data Input section of Splunk, nor any other options to Add Data via Amazon S3.

Looked on Splunk.com for any documentation (couldn't find any) and the few postings in the Answers section don't fully answer my problem. I've googled the web, as well, but again only limited info was found.

Any tips or guidance you could provide this noob would be most appreciated!

benefitcos
Explorer

Per Splunk, there is a bug in DB Connect; by upgrading to the latest version fixed the bug and added 'Amazon S3' to the Data Inputs window (where the app now works).

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...