All Apps and Add-ons

Initial Configuration for Cisco Networks App for Splunk Enterprise -- Why is my dashboard empty?

kmscott76
Engager

So I have downloaded and Installed both the "Cisco IOS" application as well as the "Technology Add-on for Cisco IOS". The application now appears within my Splunk instance. However, whenever I access the application, I receive the following error as the Dashboard loads "Splunk encountered the following unknown module: "SideviewUtils", The view may not load properly.

The Dashboard is empty... I'm new to Splunk, so tell me what I did wrong.

zakkg3
Explorer

for those who are looking for initial (basic) cisco configuration:

1- open port 514 in firewall if u have.

2- configure in cisco:
logging trap (trap level)
logging host (Splunk Server) transport (tcp |> udp) port (514)
logging on
3- In Splunk's Data Inputs: Add a TCP or UDP type (I use TCP) and ensure that it's setup for 514 and the sourcetype is syslog (i used cisco_syslog)

I hope it helps 🙂

0 Karma

kphillipson
Path Finder

Welcome to Splunk!

There is an app called Sideview Utils. Ensure you have that installed for the application you are trying to use. In this case just the standard Sideview Utils.

http://apps.splunk.com/apps/#/search/Sideview

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...