All Apps and Add-ons

In the Slack Addon for Splunk, why am I getting the error 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'storage_passwords'?

ChrisBell04
Communicator

Got this addon installed and configured both inputs for messages and logins. The Messages input works correctly. The logins does not and reports the following failure:

message from "python D:\Splunk\etc\apps\TA-slack\bin\slack_logins.py" Starting input
message from "python D:\Splunk\etc\apps\TA-slack\bin\slack_logins.py" SLACKMI - initial_days=90 interval=600
message from "python D:\Splunk\etc\apps\TA-slack\bin\slack_logins.py" 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'storage_passwords'

Comparing the code in slack_logins.py vs slack_messages.py, looks like they're quite a bit different and possibly out of sync with what the developer did.

Is anyone successful in getting the login data?

0 Karma
1 Solution

abhutiani
Explorer

Chris-

I believe we sent you a new build with this issue fixed. But let me know if you have any more problems with it.

The updated build will be available soon publicly.

Thanks!
Ashish

View solution in original post

0 Karma

abhutiani
Explorer

Chris-

I believe we sent you a new build with this issue fixed. But let me know if you have any more problems with it.

The updated build will be available soon publicly.

Thanks!
Ashish

0 Karma

ChrisBell04
Communicator

correct, the 1.1.1 release fixed this issue. thanks for the fast turn around!

tkoster8

Is the 1.1.1 release posted somewhere? I downloaded via the function site and had no such luck...

0 Karma

CCGivnish

Hi Thomas,
I just emailed you the 1.1.1 release.
Don't hesitate to reach out with any additional questions.
Thanks!
Caroline

0 Karma

CCGivnish

Hi Thomas - We just submitted the Slack App for Splunk Add on to be hosted on Splunkbase.

You can also download it here: https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/4173/

Thanks,
Caroline

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...