All Apps and Add-ons

In a distributed search environment, can we blacklist apps in distsearch.conf and prevent it from being part of the bundle replication to search peers?

ben_leung
Builder

In a distributed search environment, can we blacklist the app in distsearch.conf and prevent it from being part of the bundle replication to search peers?

I have a search head cluster with the Machine Learning Toolkit and Python for Scientific Computing (for Linux 64-bit). I added the following to the blacklist stanza under distsearch.conf in the search heads - Will things still function if app is not replicated to search peers?

[replicationBlacklist]
ml_tool_kit = apps/Splunk_ML_Toolkit/...
scientific_python = apps/Splunk_SA_Scientific_Python_linux_x86_64/...
0 Karma

ben_leung
Builder

Does not look like you can. If you go into the app's search view, run a query e.g. index=_internal | head 1

Errors from indexers as shown:

12-07-2016 23:42:45.412 +0000 ERROR StreamedSearch - sid=remote_sh-abc-2.my.domain.com_1481154165.41768_6510209A-0131-4200-8B9D-63C774CA33FF, Search process did not exit cleanly, exit_code=255, description="exited with code 255". Please look in search.log for this peer in the Job Inspector for more info.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...