All Apps and Add-ons

In Splunk Security Essentials, what does the sseanalytics search command do?

belka
Path Finder

What is sseanalytics? I have seen searches with this term, but when I load them in my Splunk instance, they come back as an unknown command.

0 Karma

mstjohn_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

hi @belka,

Thanks for posting on Splunk Answers.

I'm glad to see that you are using the Karma bounty feature! However, it won't work if you don't engage with the user trying to answer your question. Please approve the question below so the user can receive their Karma points. Or, if the solution didn't help you, please explain why so that they — or someone else — can.

0 Karma

mstjohn_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi @belka

It looks like @back2root answered your question thoroughly. Would you mind approving his answer, thus giving out those delicious Karma points you so gracefully offered? Thanks!

0 Karma

back2root
Path Finder

The custom search command | sseanalytics is part of the Splunk Security Essentials App.

It returns the examples packaged with the Splunk Security Essentials App in json Format and I don't think it's very useful for any application outside of the App.

If you wan't to see the results from the search command you have, you may whant to install the Splunk Security Essentials App. How ever, browsing the App may be from more Benefit as issuing a single search using the | sseanalytics command.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...