All Apps and Add-ons

In Custom Viz - Donut, can you help me with the followingErrors in _internal Logs?

lennys26
Communicator

In my Splunk Cloud environment, both with v1.2 and v1.3, I am receiving excessive _internal error logs such as the ones below:

10-29-2018 04:03:48.419 +0000 WARN  ConfObjectManagerDB - /opt/splunk/etc/apps/aplura_viz_donut/metadata/default.meta, line 9: Error parsing setting: export = system[visualizations/markdown]

2018-10-29 04:17:11,296 INFO   [<HOST ID>] error:133 - Masking the original 404 message: 'Trying to reach the "aplura_viz_donut" app which does not have a User Interface.' with 'Page not found!' for security reasons

Are these known issues?

0 Karma

cutright_j

Disable visibility for the app - read this page https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/3150/

0 Karma

lennys26
Communicator

As we are Cloud, we have no access to the .conf file, however the app is disabled in the UI. Also, a REST call confirms that, unless I am misreading....

<s:key name="eai:appName">system</s:key>
        <s:key name="eai:userName">nobody</s:key>
        <s:key name="is_manageable">0</s:key>
        <s:key name="is_visible">0</s:key>
        <s:key name="label">Donut Viz C3</s:key>
        <s:key name="show_in_nav">0</s:key>
0 Karma

cutright_j

It looks like you or one of your users are trying to access this app which doesn't have a web interface. Have you tried disabling this app from being visible so users can't access it?

See here, at the bottom of the page it tells you to disable visibility for users

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...