All Apps and Add-ons

Icon for custom app will not appear. I only get the default "App" icon with the background color I have set.

mdsnmss
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I've been looking at Answers posts on this and tried many things but haven't had any luck getting my custom app icons to appear. I have all named correctly and placed in app/static. Here is what I have tried so far:

1.) search-head/en-US/bump
2.) search-head/en-US/debug/refresh
3.) ./splunk restart splunkweb
4.) ./splunk restart
5.) I've looked at the endpoint for the image at search-head/en-US/splunkd/
_raw/servicesNS/admin/my_app/static/appIcon.png and it shows the default image. Pulling the image from the app and opening it shows the custom image.
6.) Submitted it to the AppInspect API and the report came back that all permissions and images are proper size and name.
7.) Cleared browser cache and tried different Internet browsers with the same results. Opened on a colleagues system with their account and still shows default "App" icon.
8.) Updated app package and increased app.conf build number

Anyone have other ideas? Not sure what the next step to troubleshoot this would be.

0 Karma

mdsnmss
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I should note this is an update to my app and the icons have worked in the past. I am currently running it on 7.2.3.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...