All Apps and Add-ons

IT Essentials work app installation issue

sweetie
Explorer

ITE work app was installed from back end and when we tried opening the page it showed Internal Server Error and the app is not loadingCapture.PNG

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@sweetie - Very nice to hear you fixed your issue.

I would search in the index=_internal CASE("ERROR") related to the IT essentials App, that will tell you what was the issue.

I hope this helps!!!

0 Karma

sweetie
Explorer

@VatsalJagani  I do see below error when using your query in splunk internal logs:

ERROR SearchMessages - orig_component="" app="itsi" sid="scheduler__nobody__itsi__RMD507f8603927e905f9_at_1652077980_66959" message_key="" message='NoneType' object is not iterable

Any insights to this?

0 Karma

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@sweetie - That seemed like a python script error message. Now finding the root cause of why that occurred is a very difficult part as you need to go through the code manually while reproducing the error.

If it is not an issue anymore, I would forget is for now unless it happens again.

0 Karma

sweetie
Explorer

@VatsalJagani  Actually, within ITE work app there is one component of it - Entity management which is not loading and showing Loading  error. We are unsure of why that component is having issues despite the successful installation of app.Error.PNG

0 Karma

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Please see the error logs if you can figure out the issue. Be patient it would not be straightforward forward but if you spend the time you will get to it.

Because making any progress, I would suggest going through the App installation doc very carefully, sometimes we missed small detail of the doc and we end up spending so much time troubleshooting.

If not you can open a support case if you have a valid Splunk license.

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

is this app marked as visible?

Which versions you have (splunk, apps, ta/sa)?

What you found on those logs (web_service.log and splunkd.log).

r. Ismo

0 Karma

sweetie
Explorer

Hi, Thanks for responding. Yes app is visible. As per web_service.log  : it was unable to obtain the template suite_redirect.html. I checked and there were proper permissions in place.

However, I uninstalled the app from search head and re-installed from CLI that helped fixed the issue (Although unsure what issue was).

Thanks

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...