All Apps and Add-ons

IT Essentials Work installation fails

joel_au

Hi All,

I am running Splunk version 8.0.0 (Windows) on a single instance and want to install IT Essentials Work.

I have download the package and changed the name of it from spl to tgz and then used 7-zip to extract the files as mentioned in the documentation.

I then stop Splunk and move the folders\files to the '\splunk\etc\apps' folder and start Splunk again 

Within the Splunk Apps drop down the App does not appear when I click on Manage apps I see the app but there is no version number associated to it

Splunk_IT_Essentials_Work.png

Any assistance would be appreciated  

Kind Regards, 

Labels (2)
0 Karma

lowcrawl
Explorer

Does this app need a license for ITSI?   On splunkbase, it's not that clear and deprecated apps points to this as the new solution.

0 Karma

LCelley
Explorer

It does not require an ITSI license. ITE is basically the free version of ITSI. It's the same code base, but they locked down a ton of features. 

0 Karma

Azunai
Loves-to-Learn Lots

Hi there,

i tried the way of LCelly, and it seems to work , but the same CPU usage, it actualy capps out my machine and i have lots of file access errors in my splunkd.log

Did you find the proper way to install ITE works?

0 Karma

Azunai
Loves-to-Learn Lots

After a clean OS install and clean Splunk install all issues are resolved now

0 Karma

LCelley
Explorer

Did you ever make any progress with this?

I've managed to get the app installed but it gives multiple errors and says it failed to import some settings. I'm also seeing much higher CPU usage than normal. What I think I've done differently from what you listed was I changed it to end in .tgz, extracted it to a .tar file, and then extracted it again. Instead of moving the entire it-essentials-work_490 folder into /etc/apps I moved the sub folders within. I am currently running 8.2.0

2021-06-04 08_47_33- .png2021-06-04 08_53_23-Settings.png

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...