All Apps and Add-ons

IP Reputation App. No data

marius00

Hello

I installed the IP Reputation app. Added my HTTPBL key to scorelookup.py script. I have not configured anything else.

When I launch the app. I get no results.

Should I re-install the app? Or have I forgotted to configure something?

0 Karma

Matthias_BY
Communicator

Hello Marius,

i just updated my app with a new version. i have configured a new start dashboard which includes already some simple xml reports. there you can easily review how the reports are working and customize them with your own needs.

hope this helps you.
br
matthias

0 Karma

Matthias_BY
Communicator

Hello Marius,

what kind of log data are you using?

The predefinied dashboards are filtered down to eventtype="honeypot_app_events" - this means you need to Tag your log source of which you want to see your data and enrich those.

to verify if you ip reputation lookup is working, you need to do the following:

1. Create some Field Extractions with IP's and name the fields "clientip"
  2. Search for some periode of time like clientip=* | lookup threatscore clientip
  3. Verify if there is a new field called "threatscore" within the "interesting fields"

The filtering was added to avoid that if you click on your dashboard the lookup is starting across all your it-data. the lookup is going via DNS Requests - and if Splunk runs for thousands of IP's a dns query you can imagine what happens to your DNS Server 😉 so use it only on data which you're really interested.

br
Matthias

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...