All Apps and Add-ons

IMAP Login Splunk fails

rainbat

Hello all,

I could successfully configure splunk imap plugin to retrieve mails from apple, but somehow it can't login to the REST API, I could reproduce the error by running the command line python script getimap.py:

DEBUG:root:about to dump mailbox support-wfp
DEBUG:root:decrypted splunk password
DEBUG:splunk.rest:simpleRequest > POST https://localhost:8089/services/auth/login [[REDACTED]] sessionSource=SDK
DEBUG:root:1userid/password combination for splunk user is invalid...
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "getimap.py", line 405, in getMailbox
    latestTime = self.getCacheIDForMailbox(box)
  File "getimap.py", line 259, in getCacheIDForMailbox
    raise LoginError("1userid/password combination for splunk user is invalid...")
LoginError: 1userid/password combination for splunk user is invalid...
None
ERROR:root:ERROR - trying to select mailgox
rainbat:bin rainbat$ 

Somehow even hardcoded it doesn't accept the spunk.rest.simpleRequest, I am running OSX Lion on my MacMini, can anybody help ?

Best regards from Switzerland,
Dominique

0 Karma

Erik_Swan
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi Dominique,

I have better version of the app that prints out more debug info that should help diagnose.
I'll upload to splunkbase today.

Thanks
E

0 Karma

pauln75
Explorer

Hey Erik,

Did you ever upload this to splunkbase? I'm running into the same problem, and like to try out the new version.

Thanks, Paul

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...