All Apps and Add-ons

IBM Websphere MQ Modular Input for Splunk installation : No module named pymqe

dhtran
Loves-to-Learn Lots

Hello,

I'm testing Splunk Enterprise 8.0.3 locally on my laptop (Windows 10 Home) and trying to set up the IBM MQ Input Modular (https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/3004/#/overview).

I followed the instructions on github repo of the add-on (https://github.com/jjjw420/splunk-ibm-websphere-mq-add-on)

The prerequisites are installed :
- IBM MQ Server - OK
- IBM MQ Client - OK
- pymqi-1.10.1 64bits - get and build OK
- mq_ta add-on copied in /etc/apps - OK
- The pymqi built libs are copied in /etc/apps/mq_ta/bin - OK

But, when I tested the import of pymqi with the embedded python3 (whichs is python 3.7.4) interpreter of Splunk, I got "ImportError: No module named pymqe" error.
However, when I tried the same import with python 3.8.2 installed on my system, everything was OK, no error.

Is it because the pymqi is not supported by python 3.7.4 or windows 10 ?
Is there anyway to tell Splunk to use another python version other than the one that came with the product ?

Thanks in advance for your help

Tags (1)
0 Karma

gerardo_maya
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hello, 

I just faced the same situation. In my case I detected that the file libmqic_r.so was not present in all the directories needed (/usr/lib and /usr/lib64)

/usr/lib/libmqic_r.so
/usr/lib64/libmqic_r.so
/opt/mqm/lib/compat/libmqic_r.so
/opt/mqm/lib/libmqic_r.so
/opt/mqm/lib64/compat/libmqic_r.so

I just copied the one in /opt/mqm/lib to the .usr/lib and /usr/lib64 and restarted Splunk and it works.

Something that is important to mention is that all the files requiered must have read permissions by the user that is running Splunk. 

I hope it helps!.

0 Karma

alexisbourdeau

Hello,
I have the same issue.

Help welcome

Thanks a lot

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...