All Apps and Add-ons

IBM Tivoli flat file gateway question

lisaac
Path Finder

Will a flat file gateway be sufficient to keep up with a busy tiered Omnibus architecure? Is there an alternate to the flat file gateway for the app?

0 Karma

Richfez
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The app (I'm presuming you are talking about this one?) does not mention anything about another input method.

I can't imagine Tivoli not being able to write its own data out reasonably well and it hopefully is fairly efficient about the way it reads its own data. Splunk should not have any issues ingesting even rather large amounts of this data rapidly since it is apparently a text based, easily parsed input. Between those two, my guess would be that the majority of the work isn't going to be done in the transfer of data to Splunk so it shouldn't add a huge added load on any of the systems involved.

Of course, if by "busy" you mean "running at 99.8% CPU and with disks steadily at 97% busy" then all bets are off. Hopefully that's not the case, though. 🙂

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...