All Apps and Add-ons

I installed the Fire Brigade app on a search peer, but why am I not seeing any host or retention data?

srmohan

I have installed Fire Brigade app on a search peer, but I'm not able to see host or retention data.

1. Do I need to install the Technology Add-on for Fire Brigade? If yes, where should this be installed?
  2. Have installed in FB on the search peer. Is this the correct location to install?
0 Karma

sowings
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Per the extra documentation "Details", yes, you will need the TA. The TA does the data collection; it live on the indexer nodes (any hosts which have data stored locally, and in some cases this may mean your search head, too!). The FB main app lives on the search head, not the "peer" assuming you meant "indexer" when you said "peer".

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...

New! Splunk Observability Search Enhancements for Splunk APM Services/Traces and ...

Regardless of where you are in Splunk Observability, you can search for relevant APM targets including service ...