All Apps and Add-ons

I cannot connect to splunk after downloading and installing the Splunk for Excel Export app.

nisha_kapoor
Path Finder

Has anyone else faced this issue? How to reconnect to splunk? I installed the app and restarted splunk upon which I was disconnected from the splunk server and now I cannot log in again.

0 Karma
1 Solution

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

This sometimes happens when an admin stages a change to Splunk but doesn't restart it. Then somebody else causes a restart and pulls in the other staged change (which perhaps the admin was not ready to implement). In any case, use the CLI and splunk status to see where you are at. If splunk is running then check web.conf to see if somebody turned off the web interface. if splunk is not running, do splunk restart and see what errors are there and fix them.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

This sometimes happens when an admin stages a change to Splunk but doesn't restart it. Then somebody else causes a restart and pulls in the other staged change (which perhaps the admin was not ready to implement). In any case, use the CLI and splunk status to see where you are at. If splunk is running then check web.conf to see if somebody turned off the web interface. if splunk is not running, do splunk restart and see what errors are there and fix them.

0 Karma

matthewhaswell
Path Finder

Check the splunk log for errors:
\opt\splunk\var\log\splunk\splunkd.log

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

When you try to start SPLUNK from command prompt $SPLUNK_HOME\bin\splunk -start, are you seeing any error. Refer to the video on looking into Splunk Configuration issues using btool : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eE_r3-F6kgM

Following is the documentation on the same:
https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/Troubleshooting/Usebtooltotroubleshootconfigurat...

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...