All Apps and Add-ons

Hurricane Labs App for Shodan Unable to Add API

securitypaul
Explorer

Posting this in the correct forum 🙂

Hello everyone.

Standalone Splunk Enterprise 8.2.2 on Ubuntu 21.04.

I have the Hurricane Labs App for Shodan installed. Following the directions, I have obtained a SHODAN API key to configure the App.

When I go to the "App Setup" page it only shows a white rectangle, rather than somewhere to enter the API key.

I have allowed access to api.shodan.io for http/https through my firewall from the Splunk server.

Tried it with Firefox/Edge and disabling browser add-ons.

Any idea why it is not working? Any help appreciated.

Paul

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

mricharf
Explorer

Rolled back to 2.1.0 and API entry works. I've reached out to the developer contact.

View solution in original post

mricharf
Explorer

You're not the only one. When I search _internal, I see this error coming from splunk_web_service

2021-09-17 14:13:09,196 INFO [6144dab5317ff3585a7a10] error:321 - Masking the original 404 message: 'The path '/en-US/static/@ab7a85abaa98/app/Hurricane_Labs_App_for_Shodan/javascript/vendor/React.production.min.js' was not found.' with 'Page not found!' for security reasons

0 Karma

mricharf
Explorer

Rolled back to 2.1.0 and API entry works. I've reached out to the developer contact.

mricharf
Explorer

Just received from the developer:

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

I had actually pushed a fix for this earlier today but forgot to update the version on Splunkbase.

Version 2.2.1 is now up on Splunkbase so it should fix this issue. If it does not please let me know and I'll take a look.

0 Karma

securitypaul
Explorer

Thank you. I've installed 2.1.0 and I can now see that page. Interested to hear what the developer comes back with.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...